The Canadian Nuclear Association (CNA) is a non-profit organization established in 1960 to represent the nuclear industry in Canada and promote the development and growth of nuclear technologies for peaceful purposes. The CNA is responsible for organizing and managing all aspects of the Canadian Nuclear Industry Small Modular Reactor (SMR) Secretariat (the Secretariat) for 2020 and 2021.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage the Secretariat’s activities to facilitate and coordinate implementation of the 2018 SMR Roadmap (http://www.smrroadmap.ca). The Secretariat works under the SMR Technology Forum Executive Committee (the EC) and with staff of the CNA (in Ottawa) and the CANDU Owners Group (COG, in Toronto). The aim is to implement the Roadmap recommendations as identified by the EC, within defined scope and budget constraints, mitigating all issues impacting this objective. The position reports to the CNA Director of Policy and Research and is also accountable to the SMR Secretariat Steering Committee.
In this role you’ll be:
- collaborating with project stakeholders and defining project scope, project plans, deliverables and requirements;
- managing stakeholder expectations and delivering work within scope and budget;
- communicating with the EC, CNA and COG about project plan development, status and changes;
- anticipating and effectively addressing potential bottlenecks and roadblocks;
- identifying and resolving issues and conflicts within the project teams;
- identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path;
- preventing cost escalation and making trade-offs to balance the business needs with potential constraints;
- keeping alignment between work and the overall strategic goals of the organization; and
- owning the success of the projects and enabling others to do their best work.
It would be great if you had:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Project Management Practitioner (CPMP);
- three or more years of project management experience in complex, multi-party undertakings with a proven record of successful project delivery (on time, on budget, in scope);
- degree in business/commerce, technical, engineering or related field;
- experience leading and coaching a team through project completion stages;
- proven financial management skills;
- experience interacting with executive-level professionals; and
- experience with business software applications and Microsoft Office Suite.
We’re looking for these skills and abilities that you have been able to demonstrate:
- working knowledge of the nuclear industry and an understanding of our membership;
- ability to direct and manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects;
- exceptional interpersonal skills, project leadership skills, strategic thinking and problem solving;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills with, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with local and virtual team members, key stakeholders and the leadership team;
- ability to navigate ambiguous situations, including anticipating, identifying and eliminating roadblocks, and knowing when to escalate to keep projects moving forward;
- meticulous attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; and
- ability to manage customer interactions with diplomacy and professionalism.
How to apply:
If this all resonates with you, please send us a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, highlight concrete examples of where you have demonstrated the qualities we are looking for in this role, and why it’s the right role for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all applicants will be acknowledged. Those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Salary will be commensurate based on experience. If you have any questions before applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CNA respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and hiring process, and will accommodate all candidates as needed.