CNA2021 Call for Speakers
The CNA Conference and Trade Show is the premier event for the nuclear industry in Canada, attracting more than 900 senior executives, public policy experts, engineers, regulators, elected officials and international delegates. CNA is seeking speakers to expand the program and bring cutting edge concepts to the stage in 2021.
We are looking for presentations that: are high calibre, innovative and, interesting; meet the needs and interests of power generators, regulators, suppliers, communities, organizations, corporate leaders, front-line workers and/or others with a stake in the industry; are solutions focused and provide participants with actionable knowledge; and lastly, provide new material, observations and experiences to conference attendees. We encourage applications from speakers from traditionally under-represented groups to support diversity and inclusion.
This year, the program will include concurrent sessions with several spots for exciting speakers. Speakers will be given 20 minutes to present; panels sessions will have 40 minutes. Please note, presentations on corporate products or services are not permitted.
CNA2021 is seeking dynamic presentations in the following theme areas:
- Innovation in the nuclear field including SMR’s, medicine and hydrogen
- Climate change and sustainability
- Nuclear impacts on non-nuclear sectors
- International developments and the Canada-US dialogue
- Advancing indigenous and community engagement
- Diversity, inclusion and the next generation work force
- Technologies for the future, including storage
- The economics of the nuclear industry and sustainability
- Nuclear realities in the realm of public affairs
- Upcoming legal and regulatory opportunities and challenges
- Existing assets, refurbishments, and decommissioning
- Canada’s position on the global stage
Got a better idea?
If you have a unique idea, presentation or session concept that does not necessarily fit in the categories outlined above, we want to hear about it. There’s always room for great ideas that advance the nuclear industry and we’ve left an open theme section, just for you.
Submitting a proposal
All submissions will be made online. Submissions include contact information, information about the speaker and a description of the proposed presentation content. You will also need to accept the terms and conditions document, in order to be considered.
Submission deadline is February 12, 2021.
All submissions will be evaluated by the CNA2021 planning team based on their originality, potential to advance the nuclear industry through knowledge transfer and potential audience interest.
Speakers will be notified of their acceptance by early April. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We expect considerable interest in this year’s conference. Therefore, we cannot promise all proposals will be accepted.
Thank you all in advance for your interest and submissions!