Happening Now: 2011 Ontario Energy Association Annual Conference
The 9th annual conference of the Ontario Energy Association is happening right now, today and tomorrow, in Niagara Falls.
Among other topics, industry experts will discuss what is needed for companies to invest in Ontario and the risks and challenges faced in the ever-changing political environment.
Conference speakers include
- Jeffrey Simpson – National Affairs Columnist, The Globe and Mail
- Peter Buchanan – Senior Economist, CIBC World Markets
- John Brace – President and Chief Executive Officer, Northland Power Inc.
- Patrick Lamarre – Executive Vice‐President, Power SNC‐Lavalin Group Inc.
- Benjamin Grunfeld – Managing Consultant, London Economics International LLC
Ontario has diverse energy needs. As the province looks to phase out reliance on coal-fired plants in favour of cleaner, lower emitting sources, we have an opportunity to invest in new generation capacity to shoulder the needs of today and tomorrow. Effective energy policy is not about choosing some energy sources and excluding others. Energy policy is about choosing an appropriate balance. And nuclear is an essential element in that equation. It’s time to reinvest in nuclear.