FEDERAL AND PROVINCIAL MINISTERS AND SENIOR BUSINESS LEADERS TO HEADLINE NUCLEAR INDUSTRY CONFERENCE
Ministers Seamus O’Regan, Greg Rickford, Dustin Duncan and Mike Holland, and IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol among speakers at Canadian Nuclear Association annual conference and trade show
OTTAWA (February 18, 2020) – The Canadian Nuclear Association is hosting its annual conference and trade show. This year’s theme is “Nuclear Now: Achieving Our Clean Energy Future.”
An estimated 900 delegates will attend the event, which features a variety of speakers and experts from industry, academia and government discussing innovations in nuclear technology and what makes the future of nuclear energy so different from the past.
This year’s event will also include a special live taping of the Herle Burly political podcast.
When: February 26-28, 2020
Where: The Westin Hotel, 11 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 9H4
- Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
- Seamus O’Regan, Natural Resources Minister
- Greg Rickford, Ontario Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines
- Dustin Duncan, Saskatchewan Minister of Environment
- Mike Holland, New Brunswick Minister of Energy and Resource Development
- Rumina Velshi, President and CEO, Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
- Tom Mitchell, Chairman, World Association of Nuclear Operators
- Mark Lesinski, President and CEO, Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
- Mike Rencheck, President and CEO, Bruce Power
- Gaëtan Thomas, President and CEO, NB Power
- Mike Marsh, President and CEO, SaskPower
- Heather Ferguson, Senior Vice-President, Corporate Affairs, Ontario Power Generation
- Laurie Swami, President and CEO, Nuclear Waste Management Organization
- John Gorman, President and CEO, Canadian Nuclear Association
For a full list of speakers, visit https://cna.ca/cna2020/program/.
Members of the media are invited to attend the event. Please contact us for your complimentary media pass.
For more information or a media pass:
Director of Communications
(613) 237-4262 x110